Becoming a blogger after 50 is possibly exciting and frightening at the same time. It might be profitable or expensive as well.
Here is the real question to consider before you get started. Does the world need another blog?
I recently heard on a podcast world famous blogger Neil Patel make a statement that seemed shocking to me. He said there are currently over 1.2 billion blogs on the World Wide Web.
On top of that, a new blog is started somewhere in the world every second of the day. Technorati says there are 18.6 blog posts made every second.
Understanding that it shouldn’t be daunting if the idea of becoming after 50 is something that appeals to you.
First of all, a very high percentage of blogs on the Internet today are inactive. These are blogs that were started by an excited blogger who quickly fizzled out when they realized that maintaining a blog takes much work.
Especially if you don’t like to write, or do not know how to write, with that in mind, I still think you can become a blogger after 50 if you have to keep two primary things in mind.
Are You Passionate About Something?
Number one choose a niche that you are an expert in or have a passion. Those of us over 50 have a lot of real-life experiences. We also have a lot of career-oriented experiences that could be great topics for blogs.
In regards to the passion, I would be willing to say that bloggers who started a blog and quickly gave up, did so because they were in the wrong niche. Many people approach blogging with the idea that they want to make money on the Internet with a blog.
Passion Trumps Money
What I found when researching successful blogs is that money was not the driving factor, at least not at first. Long-term successful bloggers do make much money with their blogs if they choose to do so.
However, that’s only the case because they have outstanding blogs that provide a lot of high value and content of people find attractive. It is indeed within reach for bloggers over the age of 50.
Start a blog on something that you’re passionate about, and then write about your real-life experiences. People are going to find this more interesting than somebody who’s going online and always researching blog topics and then attempting to write about them.
Technology Is Not A Factor
I know of people who want to start a blog right now and do not because they think it is too hard, not too hard to write, but also hard to handle technology.
Let me say technology is not a factor today. Starting a blog is so comfortable that your grandkids could do it.
Hosting companies have easy to follow instructions, and they provide live customer service, not that you will need it. You can set up a blog with nothing more than a few clicks of a button.
Summary: Becoming A Blogger after 50
If you’re thinking about becoming a blogger after 50, I encourage you to go for it. Just be sure and keep this in mind. Start a blog on something you are passionate about and your
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it too late to become a blogger?
No, it is not too late to become a blogger. There is enough room in any niche for many bloggers, even if there is a higher competition in some niches. You can give your readers quality content, experience, and a new perspective that other bloggers won’t be able to. Any age and any time is good for starting a blog.
Just make sure you start a blog in a niche that you are passionate about and that you genuinely love because that is going to make it easier for you to become a successful blogger.
Is a blogger an influencer?
In order to answer this question, it is important to understand the difference between a blogger and an influencer. A blogger is a person that has a blog online that they use for their business. An influencer is a person online that is influential in a specific niche or multiple niches.
As a blogger, you can become an influencer, but it is going to take time, commitment, quality content, a substantial number of visitors to your blog and high rankings of comments, shares and clicks to become known as an influential blog. This can be achieved by anyone, but it is not going to be easy to achieve. You have to set your goals to make this happen, and then do everything possible to achieve those goals.
How do u start a blog?
Starting a blog consists of following a few important steps.
1. Choose a blog name – Make sure you choose a name that is descriptive, but that is also going to be easily remembered.
2. Register a domain name – Once you have the name for your blog, you want to get the right domain name for it. That can be the name of your business, blog or whatever name tells people at a glance what your blog is about.
3. Choose a blog platform – There are many blog platforms that can be used for starting a blog. You need to take time to do research on each platform, and then select the one that you feel is the right fit for your blog.
4. Find hosting – The next step is to find the right hosting company to host your blog on. Choose a hosting company that gives you the most business tools possible for building your blog, and that will work the best for the type of blog you are starting.
5. Find a template – You need to find a template that can be used for getting your blog online. Once you have the perfect template, you can then customize it to be exactly what you need for your blog.
6. Write and create your first blog post – Take time to write your first blog post, but make sure it is quality content. Then publish it, and you now have your blog up and going.
7. Promote – The next step is to promote your blog, so you can begin getting readers.
8. Monetize your blog – After you have done all that, you then need to monetize your blog, so you can begin making money with it.