Growing your Facebook page to create Follow Ads
Creating Effective Facebook Page Follow Ads
One of the best ways to grow your Facebook page is to create Follow Ads that invite users to become fans of your page. Here’s what you need to know…
- Login to your Facebook account. Login to the account associated with your Facebook page.
- Go to your page. You can find this by looking at the left side of the screen.
- Choose the ad center. It will be above your cover image.
- Create ad. It is a small button on the ad center page. When you click it, you’ll see several options appear.
- Promote your page. It is the option that you want to click if you’re hoping to get more follows.
- Select the format. You can choose between a single image, a video, or a slideshow with up to 10 photos. You may have to experiment to see which option gets you the best traction.
- Upload your media. Facebook will tell you if your video or image isn’t the right size. You may need to adjust them using a service like Canva.
- Add a short description to your ad. Facebook allows you up to 90 characters for the text in your ad. However, the shorter your text, the more likely it will be read. So, aim for closer to 60 characters.
- Choose your audience. Facebook auto-selects an audience it thinks will be relevant for your ad. But you can adjust the settings Facebook has applied to reframe your ad for your target audience.
- Pick your ad duration. You can set your ad to run indefinitely or for a specified amount of time. You may find it helpful to leave it running long-term as you’ll get the most return on your investment.
- Set your daily budget. Facebook will estimate how many likes your page will get based on the duration and budget you’ve chosen. If you want more likes, increase your budget and lengthen the duration of your ad.
- Choose your payment type. Select the currency according to your location.
- Preview your ad. Before you’re done, be sure to preview what your ad will look on both desktop and mobile devices using the preview window on the right side of the screen.
- Click promote. When your settings look good and you’re happy with your ad, click ‘promote.’
- Enter your payment method. Facebook requires a valid credit or debit card for ads. Alternatively, you may also choose to use direct deposit or PayPal, depending on your needs.
- Click continue. Now Facebook will save your payment information, so you don’t have to enter again the next time you’re ready to run an ad.
- Wait for approval. Facebook manually reviews new advertisements, so expect to wait roughly 24 hours. However, in some cases, Facebook takes longer, and you may need to send a follow-up message.
- Tidy up your Facebook page. While you’re waiting for ad approval, double-check all information on your page’s about section is accurate and up to date.
- Spiff up your images. Make sure your page’s profile image and cover photo are current and accurately reflect your brand. You want new visitors to feel at home as soon as they click that like button when they see your ad.