Getting started with viral content is not easy if you do not understand it. For many people, the question of which content will go viral and which content will not seem like it’s hard to answer.
It often seems like it’s entirely random. Some aspects of going viral are indeed random. However, there are some tricks involved with producing viral content. The people who can learn them will at least increase the odds of their content going viral.
Before we get to that, let’s define viral content.
What Is Viral Content
Think of the word viral as a noun. Viral content is content that spreads rapidly on the Internet.
Just as the virus spreads, you can get the same result with your online content. What is interesting is the many ways content appears online.
It is not only text such as a blog post. Content can also include reports, pdf files, and eBooks.
Another form of content is images, graphics, and pictures, Pinterest has popularized this type of viral content.
Videos are one of the most used forms of content and can be a great source for making something viral. Google owns YouTube, and it is the 3rd most visited site every month right behind Google and Facebook.
Of course, social media is the fasted form of content today. Facebook posts, Twitter tweets,& Google Plus.
updates, and so on give you a fast way to get your content online and going viral if it catches the attention of the right people.
Choose a Popular Subject and Find a Fresh Take
It is true that people are going to want to make sure they make their viral post stand out in some way. However, writing about an obscure topic is rarely the way to make that happen.
In most cases, people are going to be better off taking something that is already popular and finding some way to put an original spin on it.
The familiar things that have fresh take become popular. Topics that are completely original will often wallow in obscurity.
Here is a tip. Subscribe to blog feeds from your competitors and watch the tops ones use blog content to make something go viral. You will see they are often offering a new spin on an old idea.
Use a Clipped and Conversational Writing Style
Have you ever heard a successful blogger say the words “Write as you talk”? Good advice, but for some reason harder to do.
Using a writing style that is overly technical will rarely work for viral written content. People need to be more or less talking to their audience members to create viral content.
It’s a good idea to use second person pronouns, a casual style, and shorter sentences. Some people try to split the difference between casual and formal. These people should be able to create successful content as a result.
It takes people some time to find their voices online, of course. However, they should always try to aim for a writing style that will make a person feel as if he or she is interacting with someone on the other end.
Here is another big tip. Avoid using fancy words to make yourself sound smarter than you are. It does not come across as sincere, and chances are most people reading what you write do not talk like that and will be turned off to the point they will never share your content.
Make the Article a List or Give the Article a List Portion
Almost all the viral posts that people will see are either lists or posts that contain lists. It goes for videos too, with a lot of videos functioning as files that presented in a video.
There is no denying that people like lists, which are easily digestible and easy to read. People will find that it is surprisingly easy to take a long-form post and turn it into a list.
In some cases, this might be all that it takes to make an article more attractive. Plus, you will find them easier to write.
A numbered list blog article or video gives you a specific way to structure your content and keeps you focused. Easier for you and better for your audience is a good way to create viral content!
Create a Lot of Content
Some people strike metaphorical gold and who can somehow produce a single post or video that goes viral.
However, the individuals who have some posts that go viral will typically provide a lot of articles. Ultimately, the people who start doing a lot of work will be that much more likely to get that work to succeed.
Individuals who create a lot of content will create some bad content, of course. However, they will also create enough good content for it to count. They will also typically get better at writing in the process.
You are playing a numbers game that can pay off in various ways. For example.
– Total readers
– Better SEO
– New readers
– More often shared
– Make new friends
– Make more sales.
I think you get the idea that you need to work more and get more content online before you get something to go viral. I get that doing that can be harder, especially if you are a part-time blogger.
Consider outsourcing some of your content creation. It’s a smart way to take some of your workloads off you and still get the job done.
I like outsourcing blog writing at times because I do not have to hire a full-time employee, so I control my costs better. Plus, it lets me do other aspects of my Internet business which I enjoy.
Viral Content Summary
There is no substitute for quality content in volume. Promote your content when you get it online and let it go viral when it catches the fancy of the World Wide Web.
If you enjoyed today’s article, “Getting Started with Viral Content.” If these tools helped you in any way, please share the tools with others. On Forums, on your Blog, with your email list – anywhere and everywhere you can post it. If You want more content like this Tweet Me.
…Are you ready to do something BIGGER and MORE Powerful? Connect and Hangout with me on Facebook. I would love to stay in touch!
Please leave your questions and comments below. I would love to get your Feedback!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is viral content?
Viral content is material that has been created by an individual or business that gets spread all over the internet through links or social sharing. The content can be a written article or blog post, an image, a video, a pdf or a report.
Where can I get viral content?
There are two ways to get viral content.
1. Hire someone to create the content for you – You can find people online that you can hire to create the viral content for you. You can go to a site such as, Fiverr.com to hire someone, or you can find a ghostwriter online that will create it for you. Either option is going to help you get the content you need, but will give you different options for what you can afford right now.
2. Create the content yourself – Creating the content yourself is the best way to get viral content, even if you have never done this before. It just takes practice and research to get your content information together. Once you have an outline for what you want to create, then it is just a matter of writing it, or making a video for it.
How do you write a viral content?
Writing viral content can seem like a daunting task, but it is easier than you think it is. There are some different steps you need to follow to help you write viral content easily.
1. Know your target audience – When writing content, you need to know about the target audience you are writing for. Learn what they need, how to help them with a problem, or something that they are going to find valuable for them.
2. Create the right title – As you create content online, one of the most important parts of that content is the title. You need to take time writing a title that is short and simple, but that also catches the eye of everyone that see it. You only have a few seconds to get people interested in reading your content further, and the title is going to help you achieve that goal.
3. Choose a relevant image – Having an image on the content you create is going to visually appeal to readers online. The image is another way to catch people’s attention, so make sure you choose an image that is relevant to the content you write.
4. Write the body of the content – Now it is time to write the body of the content. Make sure you are writing an article or post that provides quality information for your readers. When you write an article or post that helps people with something, they are going to share that with others they know that will find value in it, and that is how your content will begin to go viral.
5. Share your content on social media – You also want to share your content on social media, so you can get people reading that content. When people find value in it, they will share it on their social media sites, and that will help it become even more viral.
What is viral on social media?
There are many things that are viral on social media, but the most popular things are as follows.
• Blog posts